Last week’s Virtual Roundtable on Smartphone and Mobile Computing was enlightening for everyone. As usual, there was a great sharing of experiences and tips from the group regarding what CIOs are currently doing to manage risk in their enterprises.
I have attached the PowerPoint presentation that I used as a guide for the discussion. In addition to the presentation, survey results accompany the PowerPoint download.
From last week’s agenda, please rate the following meeting topics related to mobile phones:
- Which phones do you support?
Flip, Treo, Android, iPhone, Blackberry
- Do you have smart phone based applications?
- What number of smart phones are supported in the organization?
- Do you allow personal phones
to access corporate data?
- What % of help desk time is used to support random Smart Phone users?
- What procurement method does your company support?
- What is the coolest security product you have seen for Smart Phones?
- What are your biggest concerns?
One of the areas that came up during the conversation was encryption of devices. Here are the three products that were discussed and mentioned in the VRT (Point Sec, Bit Locker, and Credant Mobile Guardian)