Peter Silva, Technical Marketing Manager with F5 and I discuss Virtual SSL VPNs that run on VMware. I love SSL VPNs because they have revolutionized remote access and secure remote access control. Peter discusses how you can leverage your investment in VMWare with virtual SSL VPN appliances from F5. Peter is a great speaker and evangelist for elegant architecture and design. We discussed a very tactical important area to be aware of when it comes to leveraging your Virtual Infrastructure investment.
I recently interviewed Peter Silva, Technical Marketing Manager with F5. We talked about an interesting problem facing CIOs today and one that CIOs in our roundtable group have talked to me about frequently. The problem is Dynamic Applications and Mobile Users. Why is this problem? There are three challenges that a CIO has to think about today that require support for Dynamic Applications and Mobile Users:
• Dynamic Applications (Delivered from Corporate IT services or Cloud Providers)
• Disaster Recovery Site Access
• Smart Device Access
Thanks to our sponsor RedZone for providing the reference document of technical questions to ask your Virtual Desktop VDI vendors.
- How do they handle expanding hard drive drifts?
- How do they handle OS Operating system patch management and size issues?
- What SANs do they support native interaction with?
- Application virtualization/streaming
- Session control and management
- How is offline mode handled?
- What virtual infrastructure native support do they have?
- On/Off Premise